The Equipment Grant Program application process is currently closed. A notification will be sent to members once new application dates & deadlines have been determined.
One of the recognized barriers to participation in snowsports is the cost of specialized, adaptive equipment. To reduce this barrier BC Adaptive Snowsports created the Adult Adaptive Equipment Grant Program. Available to adults (19 years of age and older) with cognitive and/or physical disabilities, the program’s goal is to increase the number participants who can affordably access skiing and snowboarding by providing financial assistance to help with the cost of purchasing adaptive equipment.
Application forms 2018
Who is eligible?
Individual British Columbia adults with a disability (cognitive and/or physical) who are members of BC Adaptive Snowsports and who can demonstrate a need for financial support are eligible. Preference will be given to individuals who have not previously received equipment through this program.
AGE ELIGIBILITY: Eligible applicants must be 19 years of age or older as of September 1, 2018
Funding Deadlines & Submission of Expenses
- Application Open Date – TBD
- Application Deadline – TBD
- Eligible Expense Period – September TBD
Funding Levels per Applicant
All forms of commercially produced adaptive ski and snowboard equipment are eligible. BC Adaptive Snowsports reserves the right to make final determinations as to whether a specific piece of equipment is considered adaptive for the purposes of this grant program.
- All applicants must be 19 years of age or older as of September 1
- All applicants must be current members with BC Adaptive Snowsports.
- All recipients must agree that their name and image may be used by BC Adaptive Snowsports for promotional purposes
- All recipients must agree to provide a written thank you and acknowledgment and submit a photo to BC Adaptive Snowsports
- Any successful grant recipient in the past 3 years is not eligible to apply in this cycle
- Only applications using the official Adult Adaptive Equipment Grant Program application form will be accepted
- Description of what equipment being requested, why necessary and how it will make a difference in their life
- A written outline of the financial need of the applicant, by the applicant
- Complete Financial Verification Reference information
Financial Verification Reference (Please read carefully)
This Reference is the most important step in the grant application process and acts as an objective third party who is familiar with the applicant and is in a professional position to assess the economic barriers facing the applicant.
- A Reference can be a professional in social work or family services, a school principal or counsellor, a senior recreation administrator, accountant, law enforcement officer, a registered physician or nurse, or a priest/pastor
- References, other than those listed, may be considered if a written letter from the potential reference outlining the financial need of the applicant is included with the application
- References cannot be a family member
Application Review Process
Applications are reviewed by BCAS staff to ensure completeness and validity. If t there is insufficient expertise among staff to provide an adequate appraisal of any application, an external reviewer with expert knowledge may be secured. Decisions of the review panel are final.
BC Adaptive Snowsports respects your privacy. We never sell trade or loan your information to any other organization. Information provided in this application is being collected solely for the purpose of administering the Adult Equipment Grant Program.
Would you like to help us provide more ski equipment for individuals with a disabilities? DONATE HERE and your gift will get someone skiing or snowboarding this season!