Employment Opportunity with BC Adaptive Snowsports
British Columbia Adaptive Snowsports (BCAS)
Position: Executive Director
Employment Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Application Deadline: 2019/01/21
Salary: Remuneration based on experience.
Position Location: Vancouver, BC
Start Date: Immediate
Reports to: President
Posting Date: 2018/12/13
BC Adaptive Snowsports (BCAS) is a Provincial sport organization that provides persons with disabilities and their families the opportunity to experience the joy of snowsports.
We are currently seeking a dynamic, passionate and innovative individual to fill the role of Executive Director (ED).
If this sounds like you and you have a desire to pursue a career with a well-known and credible not-for-profit organization, then read on as you may be the candidate we are looking for.
The ED will have proven relevant executive leadership experience and will report to the President of the BCAS Board of Directors.
She or he will be responsible for overall management and leadership of the organization and staff, implementation of the Board-driven Strategic Plan, monitoring policies and programs consistent with the BCAS mission, goals and objectives as approved by the Board of Directors.
The ED will work closely with the Board of Directors and Committees, related Provincial and National amateur sport organizations, as well as partner with adaptive snowsports clubs in BC, funding partners and stakeholders.
Core Functions (in accordance with the Strategic Plan)
Implement Board policy and decisions
- Act as a resource to the Board of Directors so that decisions are made on an informed basis
- Keep the Board informed (on a timely basis) of significant issues affecting the development and delivery of programs and services
- Provide guidance and advice to the Board on process issues such as establishing and interpreting terms of reference, decision-making and accountability
- Provide consultative input and guidance on bylaws, procedures, conflict management and related matters
Monitor and oversee the management of the organization
- Develop an annual Business Plan that delivers on the Strategic Plan
- Manage and steward the organization’s financial operations and fund development
- Develop an annual budget in consultation with the Treasurer
- Recruit and select staff within the organization's physical and financial resources
- Provide guidance and training, assess performance, manage compensation and benefits.
- Develop and maintain the Personnel Policy, Procedure Manual and staff job descriptions
Ensure successful delivery of programs and services
- Perform daily office administration and coordination of office operations.
- Provide input and direction to Program Managers for program improvement, consistent with the strategic plan.
- Monitor programs and services to ensure consistency with criteria established by funding partners.
- Organize the Annual General Meeting, including providing summary reports of programs and services
Establish, maintain and advance public and community relations
- Maintain, develop and initiate effective relationships with NSOs, PSOs and related agencies
- Act as spokesperson and media liaison for the organization
- Represent the organization through participation in external activities with stakeholders and partner organizations
- Develop and disseminate information about the organization’s goals, programs and services
- Post-Secondary education or a minimum of 5-years of equivalent and relevant recent experience
- ED will have proven relevant executive leadership experience
- Strong analytical, business and financial acumen
- Experienced in staff management
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector in BC, in particular the sport community
- Passion for skiing or snowboarding is considered a desirable asset
- Knowledge of the Canadian Sport for Life model is an asset
- Legally able to work in Canada
- Dedicated offices in Vancouver
- Occasional out of town and overnight, multi-day travel
- Only Electronic Applications will be accepted
- Include a covering letter, briefly summarizing your relevant experience and how your leadership will enhance and improve BCAS
BCAS is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in leading our rapidly growing and exciting organization, please submit your resume and covering letter, via e-mail, to:
email@example.com Attention: Sarah Morris-Probert, President.
Electronic applications will only be accepted in MS Word or PDF formats.
No phone calls or fax applications please.
While we thank you for your interest, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.